Book Reviews

Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Getting to know: Renee and Yoga

© 2012 Saya's Soulful
Beautiful Renee is on the verge of completing her studies to become a qualitifed yoga teacher, and her eyes gleam with delight as she reveals how rewarding and life changing her journey of learning has been.  In addition to becoming a qualitifed yoga teacher, she is already a qualified hairdresser, qualified child care worker and is also the Models Director for her very own 'white-label promotional company' iRock.  She certainly has a big bundle of achievements under her wing, and with big aspirations to have her very own yoga studio, this girl is certainly a high achieving Go Getter!  With yoga being one of her BIG passions you'll learn more below about WHO Renee is, and what the soulful practice of YOGA means to her.  Enjoy xo

© 2012 Saya's Soulful
When did you first start doing yoga?
I started doing yoga about 4 years ago

What inspired you to start yoga?
I had heard so much about it and all the benefits, I just had to see what it was all about.  After doing one class, I just loved it.  It became a big part of my life and I am very passionate about it

What do you think yoga aims to achieve?
An overall balance of a clear, healthy mind and physical body.  Strength and joint mobility and a fantastic way to relax!

What do you personally find the most rewarding in yoga?
Strength and flexibility in my physical body, a clear mind, relaxation and using all these handy tools throughout my everyday life

What do you find most chalenging in yoga?
Certain hip asanas, and occassionally when very tired the ability to have a quiet mind (like many students I am sure :)

Who would you recommend yoga to?
Yoga is suitable for most people, if you are looking for a great way to keep the physical body stretched, strong and healthy and to relax, this is the perfect way to improve and maintain those results.  There are many styles of yoga out there, so if you are not entirely happy with the first one you do then I recommend you try another style until you find the style suitable for you

3 words that describe how you feel after yoga?
Stretched, clarity and relaxed

What makes you smile?
Doing what I love in life, being happy and healthy and family and friends

What's your ideal way to spend a Sunday?
Enjoying a nice meal and relaxing with my husband

Your best holiday?
I always love going to Thailand.  It's a very affordable, fun and relaxing place

Favourite food?
Anything healthy really, fish, rice, lentils, fruit, I love it all!

Favourite book?
PS I love you

A dream you want to make REAL?
Owning my own beautiful, comfortable and friendly Yoga studio

What's something that a lot of people don't know about you?
I'm a talent director for my own company, a qualified hairdresser and childcare worker and married to a wonderful man, Jamie



© 2012 Saya's Soulful

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! Sounds like Renee will be achieving her dream of running a studio sooner than later. Inspiring to read!

    ReplyDelete